When You See Yourself In Your Child

Throwback to our staycation at Marriott Hotel Manila. 


My elder son was taking this Briggs Myers personality test this morning, and should I be surprised to find out that we have similar personalities? LOL

Today, I look back when they were little, I didn't really think they would grow up to be like me or either one of them to be like their father or me. 

I was always warned by my parents to let my future children carve out their own path for themselves. And that I should not live out MY dreams in my children. So, I have been very careful about not imposing on them what I wanted to happen in my life to happen in theirs.

Are you getting me, my fellow parents out there? 

As they were growing up, my husband and I would offer our guidance, of course. But most of the time, we show, not tell, especially that we were in a way absentee parents ( translation: busy with work while they were growing up). We allow them make mistakes and we show them what the consequence of that mistake, of that negligence. 

Now, that they are teens, or the elder one is already past teen, as he is 20 years old, I observe that they are good at knowing what is wrong and what is right. They can already discern and decide what best or which better action to take or decision to make. They know when to behave. They are way past the "tampo" or what they call adult tantrums. When we are in the company of adults, they would just sit and wait for us to finish with our business. We don't have to worry if they were bored  or we were never bothered by them wanting to go. And I love them dearly for that. Makes me a proud parent, actually. 

It is so heartwarming to see each one of them displaying a trait similar to me or to that of their father. 

Like in that personality test earlier, it shows that my elder son shows a certain degree of being an introvert. But he is seen to be the friendlier one and appeared to have a lot of friends. Surprise! I am like that, too. And like him, I can be happy to be alone, by myself. Ha ha!   

There were other several aspects that we were similar. I will update this post as soon I get my notes together.  

Right now, I can say that motherhood or parenting is such a amazing journey! 

Praise God, indeed, for wisdom!  

#GCQ40 #StayHomeAsMuchAsYouCan

Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram

Ⓒ 9 July 2020

Be social and click on the icons below.

0 comments

Share your thoughts...