How Busy Couples Celebrate Valentine's Day


For the first time in four years, Wizheart and I are together this Valentine's Day. Nope, neither of us is working overseas. But yes, we are both working parents. In the past years, I was always away for strategic planning around this time. This year, we had our strategic planning early, which is a good thing.

I know there are other couples out there who cannot be physically together during Valentine's Day, too. Some believe it doesn't really matter, after all V-day is a Hallmark-created event, lol. Others believe, too, that celebrating and appreciating the love of a partner should not only happen on this one day in the year. True!

For me, though, it's good to celebrate Valentine's Day. I know love is shared all throughout the year, but one day to make the sharing extra special is not bad I think. I guess I got this from my parents who celebrate Valentine's day to this day. My mother even decorates the house for V-day.

Now, if you are like me and my husband, who are a busy working couple, here are a few tips I'd like to share with you.
  • Make use of technology. If you are away from each other, there is now Skype, Viber, Google Hangout that you can use to touch base. You can chat, videocam using these technologies. Then there's always the telephone and the mobile phone. Just be careful with roaming charges and all.  I remember one time, husband was in India, and he called me even for a few minutes, the bill for that call was staggering. LOL
  • Schedule ahead. At the start of the year, mark your calendar for that date already. If you can, do not set any meetings on the day that you have set for your date with your partner. You can decide to celebrate it during the Valentine week. In fact, it's less hassle to celebrate it 2 days earlier or 1 day later. But my husband, he wants to celebrate it on the day or the day before. He wants the crowd and the V-day ambiance! LOL
  • Take a few minutes off from what you're doing. A friend shared with me that her husband called her in the middle of a meeting one time just to greet her and exchange sweet nothings. The husband was also in a middle of a conference somewhere. Short but sweet, and he took the time. That's what matters. ;)
  • Drop everything. For those who are uber romantics and daredevils, they would drop everything---meeting, conference, etcetera---just to have lunch or dinner or a quickie somewhere. LOL
  • Be creative, and romantic. If you cannot do all of the things above, you can insert a note/a letter/a card/a diamond ring (lol) in her purse or in her pocket and whisper, "Read it later." and wink. The wife can also do the same for her husband. It's going to be a pleasant surprise also if the partner just discovers the note in the office or where he's/she's headed to that day.
Have a happy Valentine's Day! Love, love, love! ;)

0 comments

Share your thoughts...