How Netflix's 'Virgin River' Makes Me Feel


A friend recommended this Netflix series to me, and wanting a break from the usual, I took a deliberate decision to indulge in a little romance.

I rarely get hooked in series. I finish only a few episodes and that's it! The series I really followed and finished were a handful--Friends, Sex and The City, Heroes, Breaking Bad, and the latest the The Crown also on Netflix.

I like Virgin River. I just finished Season 1 and I am already missing it. 

It is set in a small town where everyone knows everyone, and it seems like everyone converges in the only bar in town called Jack's Bar. 

Looking for a fresh start, Mel Monroe, a nurse practitioner with an impressive work background accepts a job in a remote redwood forests in northern California, and meets Jack Sheridan, a man who is dealing with his traumatic experience serving in Iraq.

It's romance. It's family. It's friendship. 

It's love; it's relationship with all the aches and thrills, but with the absence of the emotional and the obvious. 

I think what draws me to Virgin River--this Season 1, especially--is because I remember how the beginning of a new love feels. And I love how Mel and Jack journey into becoming aware of each other and falling in love.  

It begins with friendship that deepens as more days and time are spent together. You know falling in love will happen eventually, but it comes as unplanned, and so naturally.

The way they share a smile and the way they look at each other leave you with intense, overwhelmingly happy emotions, making you feel like one giant dose of joy just hit you straight in the brain.  

Much like real life. So much like real love. 

I can't wait for Season 2! 


#ECQ71 #StayHome     

Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram

Ⓒ 24 May 2020

Be social and click on the icons below.

0 comments

Share your thoughts...