Day 13 of ECQ

A lot has happened in 13 days!

If you are glued to the news, you would really ask yourself, is there an end to this? How do we really know that the virus is gone, and we are all safe to go back to our daily grind?

Then you receive news that doctors have passed on because of this virus, and nurses and hospital personnel are either under monitoring or investigation.

It's just overwhelming!

I am just glad that my work online and side hustle are still in full blast. That at least takes my mind from this corona virus.

Also, I help out different groups of friends who send out food, vitamins, and face masks to the frontliners of different hospitals.

Then there are of course the memes that land on my private messenger that border on hilarious and ridiculous.

But seriously, how should we cope?

Image from Pinterest


So, today, at Day 13, I woke up and paused and focused on the blessings and be grateful.

I am thankful for the lives of those front-liners who have put themselves out there and battle the virus for all of us.

I am thankful for the provision, and so we are now practicing mindful eating. We remind ourselves that we are not on a staycation. The comfort of home always makes us feel complacent and the temptation to indulge is so easy.

I am thankful that my parents and brother who live miles away from me are healthy and safe. I continue to pray that they stay that way.

I am thankful for a better weather (or should I say, climate?). Perhaps because the carbon footprint is decreased. I love the cool breeze despite the sunshiny weather. I didn't have to use a fan or an AC in my work station and even in our dining area because there's breeze going in and out. I remember, in normal days, at this time of the year, nearing Holy Week, it would be really hot!

I am thankful for the good health of my household here in Manila, and for that of my business partners, my friends, and extended family. 

Yes, Helen Keller is right. I am excited for our overcoming, and I look forward to the time when we defeat this corona virus.

Meanwhile, let us all stay home and be safe!

#ECQ13 #StayHome


Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram

Be social and click on the icons below.

 27 March 2020

0 comments

Share your thoughts...