Of Life and Tea


Yes, a cup of tea or coffee with friends is a joy. Tita of Manila lang ang peg! LOL

I treasure my time with my friends. I can spend hours with them just chatting.

But do you also feel that you have friends for certain kinds of activities that you do?

For example, if I want to go high-end shopping, I would want to go with Friend A, B, and C. If I will go flea-market shopping, I'll have D, E, F. If I want to watch movies, I'll have G, H, I with me. If I want to go lunch, movies, till coffee nightcap, I'll go with J, K, and M. If I want to go book shopping or bookstore hopping, I have another set of friends for that, too. I have friends who enjoy doing sporty stuff with me. I also have a set of friends who know when to keep quiet and keep their distance when I don't feel sociable. If I want to go joyriding and just be quiet with our thoughts, I'll have to be with my best-friend-husband. Ha ha!

For the rather serious stuff, such as telling secrets or pouring out your emotions, I also have a different set of friends for that. I have another set of friends who give me spiritual inspiration motivation, too.

I now realize that perhaps, this is the reason why I have several groups of friends, or I belong to several groups of friends. I can also blend with different kinds of people. Sometimes, I can be friends to all groups but each group cannot ever mix.

I have this particular friend who felt she couldn't fit in with some of my friends. Lately, however, she found herself friends with them and she shared with me her surprise. So, I told her, cést la vie! But she thanked me for not leaving her side ever. Ha ha!

But, you know what? Life is ironic sometimes. When I was at the lowest point of my life sometime ago, I didn't find solace in the bosom of my friends. I found it in my few acquaintances who didn't blink an eyelid to run to my rescue.

In retrospect, I kinda like this arrangement because I have plenty of friends to go to or to run to. I'm not saying, though, that I prefer certain friends over the other. It's just that each of them has an important role in my life, which makes me a whole person.

Do you have different sets of friends for the different seasons or moods of your life, too?


Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram

Be social and click on the icons below.

2 comments

  1. Apir same tayo. For me, i think it's because of my being ambivert and sort of multipotentialite (may posts ako about these). At first, i thought it's about mood, hormones or what- but it's really my personality type pala talaga. you just lucky to have some traits ng introvert and extrovert. ;) and it's cool to have different set of friends ;) di ba?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree with you! We are lucky to have both introvert and extrovert traits. :)

      Delete

Share your thoughts...