Reflection on Holy Days


I grew up observing the Holy Week the traditional way. No TV, no radio, no other activity except reading the Bible or any book, be home and keep silent most times. 

The tradition lives on till today.

It has been engraved to me that if I deviate from it, I would feel really uncomfortable. My family now has followed the same. 

I know each one has a different way of observing the holy days, and so we should respect it. But I can't help feeling annoyed when in the middle of it, people (because they believe otherwise or they practice their faith differently) still go on with their lives the usual way, as if it was a normal day. 

So what I did, I stayed away from social media from Thursday afternoon till Sunday morning. It brought me back to the time when I observed it in silence with my parents and brother.   

I even didn't use my cellular phone during church activities. Before, I would go take pictures at every chance I got. LOL.  

This form of abstinence on my part, I loved every minute. 

I was able to focus. I communicated with the Lord. I felt his presence. More than ever I felt his love for me by dying on the cross. 

It's easy to get caught up with the goings on of life: work/career, business, family, society's expectations that you get swiped into the whirlwind of it all.

To get away from it all, to pause makes a lot of difference. 


Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram

Be social and click on the icons below.

0 comments

Share your thoughts...