Photograph and Memories

#TBT, Hutsai and me


This year, I've had made trips to visit the folks more often because I am now caring for them more actively

One of the highlights of my trip is flipping through photo albums. I enjoy looking at old photos and reminisce. The photo above is one for the books! Ha ha!

This was when...

I was 9 years old.

We lived on Badelles St., Iligan City.

It was the time when I got distinctly aware of Chopin. My father would listen to Chopin as he would be making plates and blueprint of houses into the night. Thus, I would sleep and wake up with 
Chopin in the background.

This was the year when my father got home after finishing his Master's degree in Urban Planning from UP Diliman. I remember him so excited to apply what he learned. But it was also the time when he noticed someone following him and observing his activities. Because of how he looked then, long hair and full mustache, and him coming from UPD, he was suspected of being an activist. There's a twist to this story. The guy whom we suspected of stalking him, became a very close family friend! Ha ha! 

We had a cat (a pusang kalye), which we called Aquino. I didn't understand why my father named the cat Aquino then. But later on, I realized it was named after Ninoy Aquino who was imprisoned around that time. 

Our past time was dancing to songs played in the jukebox. 

My favorite food was fried chicken, when it was then a special dish. 

Because of puppy love, the song Give Love on Christmas Day became memorable. *wink*

What are your throwback memories?


Like this post? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
MEIKaH on Facebook
MEIKah on Twitter
MEIKah on Instagram

Be social and click on the icons below.

12 comments

  1. I remember the old corny jokes of my dad everytime he comes home after work. As in super corny but still ended up laughing because we have no choice lols.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know, daddy jokes can really be corny. But we love them anyway! :)

      Delete
  2. My dad is super street smart and funny he always makes me laugh. But of serious mode as in serious

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so heartwarming and such nice memories <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to reminisce... a good memory is when I was on the swings with my brother trying to dry off because we were wet from the swimming pool we weren't supposed to go to. Actually my brother had been pushed and I had to save him. Quite funny really... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Louisa, that's a memory that am sure will be shared generations after! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love my childhood, too, so much fun. That really is an unusual name for a cat, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I know Kat... let's bring those happy childhood memories with us as we go through life! :)

      Delete
  6. My Dad was member of a band. I tagged along during one of their out-of-town gigs one time but could not be left alone in our table, so I remember I was seating beside him on stage while he was on the drums. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that must really be memorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts...