Top 5 Home-Organizing Essentials



Mothers are champions at home organizing. They always find ways to make sense of the clutter and chaos of a house, especially when they have toddlers. 

I had to do away with a center table in our living room and put a carpet instead in the middle so that my children are free to roll and play. Even up to now, I still haven't put back the center table. We have gotten used to a wider-spaced living room. 

But I think home organizing can be an artistic or a scientific exercise. Take your pick. For me it is a good way to de-stress. I crave for home organizing every now and then to get my mind off things. Often , I do a good home cleaning during holidays. Now that there is a holiday coming up, I am thinking of doing some home de-cluttering.  

Let me share with you my top 5 home-organizing essentials.

1. Designated areas for certain things. For example, place your purse, bags, gadgets, and keys in certain places, so you or a household member always knows where they are.

2. Reuseable boxes or wooden storage, preferably with a handle. They are good containers of hair accessories, cosmetics, or toiletries. When things are contained, it is easier to store them away when not in use and take them back out. The same boxes are good storage of toys, too.

3. Hooks. Install hooks where you can hang belts, ties, scarves. Hooks also help you sort your clothes for work, for casual occasions, or for hot-or-cold weather.

4. Cabinets. They make your kitchen more orderly and even colorful if you are the kind who love to cook. You can display your spices in separate transparent jars and arrange them in cabinets. Actually,cabinets are very versatile. They organize your plates and other cooking equipment. Open cabinets or shelves are good to store books and even picture frames, too.

5. Racks and hampers. These are very useful both in the laundry area. You need racks to put your laundry essentials and separate hampers for dirty and clean clothes.

What are your home-organizing essentials?

NOTE: 
This post was originally posted in my defunct mamaisworking blog.


Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram

Be social and click on the icons below.

0 comments

Share your thoughts...