Had I Known That Time Was the Most Precious Commodity


I am now enjoying time in the palm of my hands.

I would have maximized every minute and put it to good use. 

No one really told me explicitly that time should be spent on things that truly matter. What I know about time is that it governs my activities and tells me what things to accomplish first in school and then at work. 

I even remember, that there was a phase in my life when I collected alarm clocks with different designs and chimes. I never really liked the kind that is so jarring to the ears that would make you jump out of bed. Because even at the height of my busy corporate life, I had to rouse slowly from bed every morning so I could function well the rest of the day. This part, I must control at least, when other aspects of my life were being controlled by the demands of growing family and work.  

Mi Familia

Now my kids are all grown up, where did the time go? I don't know, too. LOL 

Well, thanks to my late father who taught me about life's non-negotiables, I have been able to use the time to the best advantage with my growing kids.  

Time stops for no one. Time is beyond our control. The clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. 

This is what Haruki Murukami says about time in his novel, Dance Dance, "Unfortunately, the clock is ticking, the hours are going by. The past increases, the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting." 

So, with your time, use it... for what? Spend it... with whom?


#midlifer #whatistime #timeflowinglikeariver 

Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram


Ⓒ 30 April 2022

Be social and click on the icons below.

0 comments

Share your thoughts...