The Sedentary Life


Will you be healthier the other way around - mind very active, butt and body inactive?

I ask because that is what I do every day.

My new workstation is just less than 10 steps away from my bedroom. The only exercise I get is when I go down to eat, drink water, or see what's on TV. Other than that, I sit on this yellow chair and work from 9am to give and take 8pm before and starting mid last week from 9am to 2am... every day (save Sunday)!

Super unhealthy, I know!

When my work hours were shorter, I could still go to Taebo/Zumba classes every MWF. But when work hours started stretching til the early morning, I can no longer do those classes.

I am actually getting worried because when I went up to Bagiuo, the walk from the Cathedral down to Session Road up to SM City Baguio had me catching my breath. That is just a VERY SHORT walk!

I asked myself, was it because I had a cough, I was feverish, the temperature was low? I don't kow. But I know, I shouldn't be feeling that way. I could walk for hours before. I could go shopping, go around for a day without pausing to sit. Ha ha! I could walk the whole stretch of Ayala Avenue from Buendia to EDSA! I walked every day for 10 years Ayala Avenue from Rufino St. to EDSA. That's only about 5 kilometers I think (or it is shorter) but it's a good exercise nevertheless.

I vowed to myself, that after this preparation for D-Day, I'd really go back to doing some form of exercise.

Meanwhile, please don't miss D-Day!

#‎Neeuro‬ is launching The Ultimate Mind Stimulation Solution in ‪#‎Indiegogo‬ on Monday, the 7th of March.

Watch our videos about the solution and the science behind brain training for all ages from young to seniors in the link below.

Our objective is to create a positive impact for more people to be aware of, and do something about their own Mind Wellness. A healthier mind, after all, leads to a happier life.

Click on the image below and Sign up for the mailing list and be the first to know about our Indiegogo campaign's Early Bird Perks!




Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
MEIKaH on Facebook
MEIKah on Twitter
MEIKah on Instagram

Be social and click on the icons below.

7 comments

  1. I too have been worrying about the same SITuation.. since i becaeme wahm... i kida think it is the one responsible for my weight gain too... I gotta start exercising or running to balance my way of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like how you term it : SITuation hahaha

      Delete
  2. everybody keeps telling me I gained weight. Well, aside from carrying my now seven-month old baby, I stay in the house to clean, cook, and anything I could think of to do. That perhaps make me fat. I should reevaluate things and do something to get back into shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, same here : Do something to get back in shape! :D

      Delete
  3. As of now I am more engage with exercises because I feel that I have to. We should take care of ourselves to achieve healthy body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm not healthier, I'm even almost 7-months bigger. I wonder how fast I can get back to, at least, my somewhat smaller size after all this...

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts...