2021 is My Travel Year

It may still seem farfetched now as I write this, but as someone who loves to travel, this is one thing I really look forward to in 2021. 

So today, on New Year's Day, I declare my 2021 to be my travel year

Actually, last year, 2020, I thought it would be my travel year. The year started with my husband and I travelling to Japan, for an all-expense paid 5-day trip. After Japan, we would go to Korea, and then US. But we all know what happened. 

At Fushimi Inari Shrine, Kyoto, Japan


And oh, would you believe? The day we arrived from Osaka, our plane was the last one to be allowed to land NAIA, because that was the time when Taal Volcano spewed ashes. We reached home with an increasing amount of ashes covering our garage.

In February, we watched Rachel Ann Go's Valentine concert at Marriott Hotel Manila wearing masks already. That was the start of Covid-19 spreading the country and then the world. 

We didn't bring any but face masks were distributed at the venue and if I remember it right, our temperatures were taken, too.
That early, Marriott Hotel Manila were already practicing safety protocols.

#ValentineInATimeOfNCOv


Pandemic happened. The world locked down.

From March til this time, January 1, 2021, we are still living a quarantined life. We are facing a new normal. We can no longer go out without a face mask and a face shield on, and life has really made a 360-degree turn. 

The highlight of my pandemic life was really when I lost my father... on my 52nd birthday. Up until today, it's still a blur. Maybe because I was not able to go home to attend the funeral or maybe I just refuse to believe that he has passed on. This is still a developing story, worthy of writing one of these days. 

BUT, we remained HOPEFUL despite. And today, we are facing a new year. A new chapter, another start of 365 days of wishing, hoping, dreaming, living, loving, and praying.

This year, we can grab free travels to Maldives, Bali, and Greece.


    
Exciting times ahead, for sure! 

What better way to remember these travels than to bookmark them in a nice diary. That's why I'm also looking forward to winning a Belle de Jour Power Planner from TopazHorizon.com


Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram


Ⓒ 1 January 2021

Be social and click on the icons below.

2 comments

  1. You won the BDJ Power Planner, Meikah!!!

    DM me on my Topaz Horizon Facebook page to claim your prize. Congratulations and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, too bad, I got to read this only today. Waaa! Thank you, anyway.. ~hearts~

      Delete

Share your thoughts...