Always the Children

Made through canva.com

Things aren't always what they seem.

My friend and I were Viber calling yesterday, and we talked about how families seem to be okay in public but in truth they are not.

No marriage is perfect, of course. Living with another person from another background and maybe status in life is not easy. Staying married can be both challenging and exhilarating. As for me, I am blessed that I have a really good marriage. I have my mom to thank that for. She told me that she had prayed for it since I reached puberty.    

But whatever it is, bear this in mind: Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.

I am sure you've heard of the latest  breaking news about Patricia Cruz Bautista and Comelec Commissioner Andy Bautista. I cannot imagine how the children---aged 8, 13, 14, and 16---must be feeling right now.

Actually, there are many couples out there whose marriage are going through a rough path. Their stories may not be as publicized but for it to be known even within the clan, which spills over to the baranggay, have the same effect on children.

I always feel for the children.

From the time they are aware of what's happening until their teen years, they often feel awkward and inadequate. That is why we as parents need to constantly assure them of their worth. If that is not supplied, the effect can be debilitating.

Whenever someone comes up to me and shares with me their marital woes, I would always get teary eyed when they talk about their children and how their children are coping.

They will be the most hurt, I tell you. The worst that can happen is that they will bring the hurt and the disappointment with them until they grow old. In fact, some say, if a person is hurt while they are young, they may never recover from it. Don't you know that most of them who fall into depression or have mental illnesses trace their deep hurt from their childhood? So, think of the lives you may ruin. Sad.

So, please let's spare our children from hurt, humiliation at all cost.


Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram

Be social and click on the icons below.

0 comments

Share your thoughts...