Just Married, 22 Years Ago



Yes, it has been 22 years and it doesn't get old. 

My husband and I are now both in midlife, and we have a 20-year-old and an 18-year-old. Do we feel any changes? Surprisingly, none at all. 

We still feel the same way when we started dating. We still go to each other for companship, for "kiliti" moments. He is still my best friend and I think, especially now that my father had passed on. I no longer have someone else to run to whenever I needed to feel good about myself. You see, my father has that effect on me everytime I talk to him.

In our relationship, there is deep friendship, there is endless conversation, there is inspiring music, there is timeless literature, there is invigorating sports, there is real romance, there is deep passion, there is unconditional love.

And 22 years later, we are now seeing the effect of this togetherness. We are seeing our children grow up and appreciate the value of a good relationship, which is rooted in respect, loyalty, and love.

Remember, the best gift you can give to your children is to love your spouse.

Hillary Clinton also says it best.




Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram

Ⓒ 20 December 2020

Be social and click on the icons below.

0 comments

Share your thoughts...