Flashback Friday - Oh, Christmas Trees!

Growing up, we didn't have that ready-made Christmas trees that you can get from the mall. Mother prefers making Christmas trees from scratch. 

I'm sharing here some of the past Christmas trees, I was able to get the photos of. 

Christmas tree made of bamboo branches covered with soap suds, as if it was snowing, LOL.


Christmas tree made of bamboo sticks covered with colored plastics, and again with the snow effect using soap suds. LOL.


Christmas tree made of a tree branch covered with green crepe paper.  


I think I was in my senior year in high school that mother finally gave in and got that plastic Christmas tree from the mall. She got tired of thinking what to make, she said. 




In our family, Christmas tress are made of love, laughter, music, and togetherness. 

As a small family of four, Christmas is often a quiet yet full-of-love time for the four of us. Nothing new in terms of doing activities together as a family since we do that year-round already. Our family tradition is to complete the Simbang Gabi at dawn. 

I now recall, we really did do everything together, ha ha! Hear mass, go around, travel, visit family and friends, there were always four of us. This Christmas will be different as father had passed on. 

To my mom, making that Christmas tree and decorating the house is one of the highlights of the celebration, something, I have not been able to do as I am a working mom. 

I hope to correct that in the coming years. This year, we have started anew a Christmas tradition.

What are your family Christmas traditions?  


Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram

Ⓒ 18 December 2020

Be social and click on the icons below.

0 comments

Share your thoughts...