How It Feels to Fly Out During This Pandemic



Finally, after two years, I was able to fly out! 

This has been long-overdue travel.  Because of this pandemic, I was not able to visit my folks and my brother. My father passed in 2020, and I was not able to go home and pay my last respects. 

So, at the first instance that Covid cases decreased and the situation made it easy to travel, I grabbed the chance. 

I spent New Year's with my widowed mother and my brother and stayed with them for the whole month of January. I loved every day of my time with them. There's something about being with your mom and in your ancestral house that makes you feel like a child again. LOL.  

How did it feel flying during this pandemic?


Awkward. Ha ha! I am wearing facial masks, and everywhere I look, the others are in masks, too. I love traveling but this one, it is my first time feeling anxious. You don't know where the enemy is, you just arm yourself with whatever you have.    

Anywez, let me share with you what the travel is like during this pandemic. 

From Manila, I flew via Philippine Airlines to Dumaguete on December 30, 2021. I love traveling with PAL because they are reliable. At that time, I only needed to prepare my vaccination cards and valid ID to travel. I didn't have to download SPass or the like, or present a negative RT-PCR Test. These requirements depend actually on the LGU requirements of your destination. So, if you're traveling, check the LGU requirements of your destination.

I prepared photocopies of my vaccination card and valid ID because these are the ones you will present at the airport or pier. 

When I arrived at the Dumaguete airport, I was ushered to the table where personnel will check your papers. There was a quick interview, just a couple of questions: "Where are you from?" "Where are you going?" Provide the specific addresses to both questions.  

It's good to be ready with photocopies because they will keep them.  I had 5 photocopies with me. Better ready than sorry. 

Once cleared from the airport, I proceeded to the Dumaguete pier as I had to travel to Siquijor yet. At the pier, I presented again photocopies of vaccination card and valid ID to the customs officer who will stamp them for approval. Then I presented the stamped papers to the ticketing personnel of the ferry boat to get my tickets. 

At Larena, Siquijor, I showed again the same papers, and was asked the same questions: "Where are you from?" "Where are you going?"
  
In Siquijor, if you are a returning resident, you only need to present the vaccination card and a valid ID. If you are a tourist, then you need to present a negative result of the RT-PCR test. 

Overall, the travel was a breeze, save for the stormy weather, so we had a rough boat trip. But all's well that ends well. I am just happy to be home with my mother and brother.

I will travel again soon, and I pray, travel will be safer and easier by then. 

#PandemicDiary #TravelDuringPandemic #FlyPAL


Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram


Ⓒ 22 February 2022

Be social and click on the icons below.

0 comments

Share your thoughts...