Sending a Message to Nobody in Particular?





I am fond of music boxes. In fact, I have two in my posession and would want to collect more.

I just love opening an assotment of jewelry or accessories to some tune. You listen to the music while you are choosing which ones to wear. It's so therapeutic! 

And then I chanced upon this quote about music boxes and it's kinda nostalgic:

The wireless music box
has no imaginable
commercial value. 
Who would pay for a 
message sent to 
nobody in particular?

{David Sarnoff}


Day 23 Minimalism challenge, Empty your junk drawer. I used to collect a lot of accessories. I guess it was my way of coping to a stressful corporate life. Or maybe it was part of the corporate look, which expects you to be bejeweled. Ha ha! But since I worked from home, and I am now transitioning into becoming an entrepreneur, I let go of some accessories. I retain only those chunky and more valuable necklaces and earrings for Zoom Meetings or Google Meets. Because of my two music boxes, I am able to empty two drawers (imagine that!), which housed all the junk.  
 

Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram


Ⓒ 23 September 2021

Be social and click on the icons below.

0 comments

Share your thoughts...