5 Things I Let Go this Pandemic







First, obviously, traveling. I started my 2020 with travel to Japan, and summer of that year, we were going to Korea and Sri Lanka. Two destinations of which were for free. *wink*

But the saddest part of this no traveling situation is when I was not able to go home to pay my last respects to my father. Even as I write, I still cannot go home for his first death anniversary. I was about to but their place is locked down at the moment. I wouldn't want to risk it because I am going home to my elderly mom. 

I just pray she and my brother will be covered by God's mantle of protection. 

Second, going out and meeting up with friends. It's not entirely prohibited but I just refrain from endangering their lives as well. 

Third, going malling on a regular basis. To destress before, I would go malling and shop! Ha ha! But now I do it rarely! I found other ways to unwind and destress, which are far cheaper. 

Fourth, going to salons. I cut my own hair, treat it DIY as well, and do my nails now. I realize, I no longer need to go to salons. My nails are healthier and my cuticles are thinner, which I really like. I also have really good skincare that I don't need facials anymore. What a revelation for a woman like me!   

Fifthspending impulsively. This pandemic taught us which things really matter. You don't need a lot of shoes, sandals, clothes,  bags, or even accessories to survive the day. LOL. Go back to the basics and wear what you have, after all, you will only be showing your face or half of yourself in your online meetings. What matters is what is between your ears. 

What did you let go?


Day 28 Minimalism challenge, Clear out your makeup collection. I already did! We don't need much at this time.  

Like what you're reading? Subscribe here.

Let's stay connected.
Meikah's Web on Facebook
Meikah's Web on Twitter
Meikah's Web on Instagram


Ⓒ 28 September 2021

Be social and click on the icons below.

0 comments

Share your thoughts...